About Me

My photo
Mum of Ella (6) Oliver (2) and William (6months) and idylically married. I am proud of my career in education and love to be active. I was born and grew up in England but currently live just outside of NYC. I have premature osteo-arthritis, with no known cause (physical inujury or genetic link).

Friday, March 2, 2012

Surgery

Recgonized the chair to needed wait in, pre-op by dr davidovitch's Star Wars Jedi Night. Surgery delayed by several hours but finally got walk into the operating room at about 3:00. 'Enjoyed' listening to the sounds of the surgical team counting out their knives; fortunately I had already taken out my contact lenses so could actually see them. After the IV was put in my hand I was out immediately.  I have vague memories of waking up  in the recovery room, talking with chris, and Dr Davidovitch coming in to say that it all went well. There are even vaguer memories of being much later to my shared room. 
The first night was very long, with very little sleep. I was happy and comfortable thanks to the morphine I put in with a push of my thumb every 6minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment