About Me

My photo
Mum of Ella (6) Oliver (2) and William (6months) and idylically married. I am proud of my career in education and love to be active. I was born and grew up in England but currently live just outside of NYC. I have premature osteo-arthritis, with no known cause (physical inujury or genetic link).

Friday, March 2, 2012

Day 1 after surgery

5am the nurses insist on bathing me, 6am they insist is breakfast time, although I am too nauseas to eat. After multiple medical staff visit for different tests and questions it is finally 8am and PT time.  I was really nervous about trying to move my legs off the bed and then learning to walk . Getting off the bed was hideous but walking with a frame wasn't too bad. It wasn't as intuitive as I had expected it would be.. "move frame, lean on frame, move bad leg, move good leg". Repeat. I am pleased with how I did and keen to take it a little further next time.
Visitors were lovely to see but the energy required made me sick. I was able to nap on and off (at one point so deeply that the nurse went into a panic trying to wake me) until x-rays and another attempt at walking.  This time nausea and dizziness stopped me from getting far at all. 
5 more lovely visitors left me feeling blessed but exhausted and sick.
Dr Davidovitch checked in on me. He says my blood count is ok, I shouldn't need a transfusion, and still appears to think going home tomorrow is an option. I can't see  that I'll be ready but here's to a good night sleep and not too much pain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment