About Me

My photo
Mum of Ella (6) Oliver (2) and William (6months) and idylically married. I am proud of my career in education and love to be active. I was born and grew up in England but currently live just outside of NYC. I have premature osteo-arthritis, with no known cause (physical inujury or genetic link).

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

20 days after surgery

Staples are out – the only visible marks from the operation now are a red incision about the length of my middle finger on the front of my thigh, and circle of small bruises on my stomach from the nightly injections.  Not bad.
The staple removal was pleasingly painless and the doctor’s visit all in was very short.  Once he could see I could walk without dramatic limping, my legs still looked the same length, and that I was getting back to normal life, I was dismissed until my 3 month check-up.   
The physio is beginning to ramp up a gear with some painful maneuvers to practice but, as with everything I’ve experienced in this process so far, they seem painful and even difficult for a couple of days then are pretty easy and merely uncomfortable. I am looking forward to getting back into the swimming pool – officially now allowed - but I’m nervous of climbing down into the pool so I’ll wait another week.
My walks around the block three times a day are a salvation as being trapped in the house is emotionally tough.  This is also coinciding beautifully with the start of an early spring.  I no longer take either crutch with me.  The final walk of the day I can’t walk without limping but its all going well and I’ll start walking further soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment