About Me

My photo
Mum of Ella (6) Oliver (2) and William (6months) and idylically married. I am proud of my career in education and love to be active. I was born and grew up in England but currently live just outside of NYC. I have premature osteo-arthritis, with no known cause (physical inujury or genetic link).

Saturday, June 30, 2012

3 month post-op check-up with Dr Davidovitch / 8 days until the triathlon

My three month check –up post hip replacement . Well it didn’t start so well as I walked into Dr Davidovitch’s office black and blue.  After checking I’m ok and shaking his head in disbelief, my x-rays were checked out and I was basically given my graduation ticket.  Everything is great and I don’t need to go back for two years.  He also said it is ok for me to start jogging  (I kept quiet on that one).  I was so excited to hear everything is doing well that I forgot to mention that one leg is longer than the other.  I guess it doesn’t really matter , it’s something I have to learn the adjustments I need to make and be conscientious about doing the exercises or wearing the orthotics / heel supports.
Very, very grateful for his amazing work and for the incredible recovery the surgery allowed me to have.  My life is my own again: I don’t think about what activities I can and can’t do, I don’t take pain killers to sleep, I don’t plan days/evenings out around how far I can walk.                                                          I can do anything I want to do!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Trudy! I was surprised to see that you had a blog going on about your recovery towards your return to competing in the NYC triathlon. I'm glad to see that, despite the bike accident, you weren't really set back and that you'll still be doing the tri. I know how much you've been looking forward to getting back to this and we at Symmetry wish you all the best! I'm eager to know how you'll do in the NYC tri. With the hard work and determination that you have, I'm sure you'll do great!

    Best of luck Trudy!

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your state. There are certain hip replacement alternatives as well which are better option than the regular surgeries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad that things are working along for you. And though the surgery brought a lot of uncomfortable changes to your life, you've accepted it wholeheartedly and continued to be as active as ever! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete